Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 8 – Peanut Butter and Ketchup

Today was pretty darn remarkable.  At lunch time, I asked Samuel what he wanted to eat.  I was giving him a bouquet of options when he agreed to a peanut butter and jam sandwich.  I invited him to grab the jam from the fridge while I got the peanut butter.  He returned to the table carrying a bottle of ketchup!  I thought that was cute and swiftly returned it for some berry jam.  He begged me to bring back the ketchup and drizzle it on his sandwich.  I told him repeatedly that this was NOT normal and it might make him sick (poorly)!  He insisted that I let him have it and told me that he eats it every day, which I found out later on that this was a complete fib because his mom would never make him such an outlandish sandwich.  Well I gave in and squeezed the red sauce out while closing my eyes halfway, afraid that I would make him poorly. 
He ate the whole thing.  I love three year old boys.

After we ate lunch, we played Dinosaur Dash!  This is the most exhilarating game of all time, as you could probably tell from my excited expression when he informed me that that is what we were about to do.  You roll a dice numbered 1-3 and simply move your little dino comrade the across the board until you reach the finish line.  This is not how Samuel plays.  His version takes up to two hours of zealously battling each other with a few rolls in between matches.  I do love his way much better, but my throat became a little sore after I was forced into making destructive sounds every time I moved my green, spiked dinosaur.
Today was my first day of going to institute at the church building!  I really did love how the classes are scheduled here, a lot better than back home.  Here, you go to two classes; split up by a brief devotional and a few announcements.  The first class I went to was Doctrine and Covenants.  I introduced myself during the devotional and got myself a little frog chocolate!  It was very cute.  The second class was on the Presidency Succession.  I wish I had something to take notes on because I loved it!  The teacher spoke about how you should not be a high level seeker, like a person who just wants to be called as the bishop or whoever to show off.  Something like that anyway.  I met a lot of really nice people!  There are so many young single adults here!  I mean it’s no Utah…but it was such a lovely surprise!  I think that I’ll love this ward so much!
After the classes, we played a ping pong ball game!  I wasn’t that good at all.  There were other people playing volleyball, which is more my style, but I was suckered into playing ping pong by one of the new counselors in the ward.  He was pretty darn hilarious.

1 comment:

  1. You received frog chocolate or a chocolate frog? In any case it sounds really cute and I'm glad you're going to Institute and making friends!

    ReplyDelete