Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 5 -- Californian Accent

                 Today is a bank holiday!  Which equals a day of fun and no work!  We all went to the park early this morning for a ward activity.  It was delightfully pretty, but didn’t bring my camera because I’m an idiot quite frequently.  Rebekah was dying of thirst so we went into the refreshments shop and bought a coke can, which came out to be one pound and ten pence!  This would be about two dollars in the states.  We were outraged, but too embarrassed to say nevermind.
               After the park, I took the train to Manchester with Rebekah and Elena!  While on the train, I was able to meet one of Elena’s friends!  She asked me where in the states I was from, and I responded with California.  She stated, “Oh!  I was about the guess there.”
“Really?  Why?” I requested.
“Because you have a Californian accent!”  Wow.  I was extremely shocked!  I don’t see how I have any hint of an accent!
             It’s only a few minutes away to get to the city.  We went shopping and just looked around.  We went into the most incredible store of all time!  It had like six levels of costumes and crazy things…I forgot what it is called though.  Shoot.  I bought a new purse for four pounds, and I love it! (I had to take my old purse out when reducing my luggage weight).
This is a Toilet sign at the train station.  They say toilets here...which I find funny.


                

No comments:

Post a Comment