Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Day 6 -- Tasty Tuesday

Today was the first day that the kids went to school while I’ve been here.  They aren’t rotten kids; they’ve just been on holiday!  An unhappy incident happened though; Samuel got sick and had to stay home from his beloved playschool!  All day long he was pleading me to take him to school so that I could meet his teacher.  He was feeling a lot healthier by the afternoon so we decided that it would be okay if we walked to the corner post office (Yes, there is a post office just around their corner!  With a little shop and everything cute.  I want to live here forever) so that I could get minutes on my generously provided cell phone.  In England, it is a lot cheaper and more convenient to use a pay-as-you-go phone instead of having a family plan or something.  I found this a little strange just because the only people who use these kinds of phones in the states are juvenile teenagers that sneak them when their parents take their previous ones away for doing something stupid!  This way, their parents have no control over them!  Anyway, after the walk we decided to go back and collect Miss Martha May and take her to the park for a run.  Just as we were leaving, James and Luke strolled up to the door!  They were already home from school!  My concept of time had apparently gone down the drain since I’ve been here.  Rebekah and Jacob soon arrived as well and we all meandered down to the park.  The whole day I was completely made fun of because I was wearing my heavy Rexburg, Idaho jacket while they were all wearing t-shirts!  I get cold easily.
When mum got home, she took Sam, Rebekah, and I to the store.  This probably shouldn’t be as exciting as it actually is to me!  But she got me egg custards!  They taste exactly like eggnog but in a solid form, they even had a splash of nutmeg on top!  By the way, English eggnog always has alcohol in it.  I love these perfect pie creations so much and I will have to force my dad to create his own version of them.  That night mum made jalfrezi curry, which is so incredibly tasty.  I think that I will have to start taking pictures of every dinner and add them…yeah. 

After the store, we went into John Lewis http://www.johnlewis.com/, a nearby department store.  There are so many things that I love about this place, especially the kitchen ware and home decorating section.  So pretty much it was a perfect mixture of Anthropologie  http://www.anthropologie.eu/uk/page/home and the Museum of Contemporary Art http://www.moca.org/ lines, which are two of my most favorite shops!  I have to move to England just so that I can shop here daily...

                 

2 comments:

  1. haha! So I now know that you are right down the way from a post office! So I will be expecting the flood gates to open up and tons of adorable little letters with queen stamps on them to be crash landing at my crappy Fresno mailbox soon! yipee!
    and yeah I'll get dad to work on that custard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohmigosh. i am writing you a letter and i fully expect you to send me one back with a william and kate stamp! kthanks

    ReplyDelete