Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Day 10 -- "Bad Idea" is an Understatement.

Saturday!  This morning I went with the family to the stake’s primary activity!  The theme was based on Spring and bugs.  They had the most adorable little crafts planned for the children; I got to help Samuel create his “ultimate bird”, the four eyes made it ultimate, out of a paper plate and paint.

There were two other eyes on the opposite side.

My lovely name card...


After this activity I went shopping again with Michelle and Rebekah.  Whilst at the store I decided to get some new razors to shave my legs!  This was a harmless scheme until Rebekah and I tottered past the waxing shelf.  “I used these waxing strips once, I’ll get some for holiday!” Rebekah decided.  Naturally, the thought of participating in this universal self-torturing event crossed my mind.  I gave into buying some when I thought about how nice it would be if I didn’t have to shave my underarms quite as often anymore!  Plus they’d be perfectly smooth and silky.  This was the bad idea.  Injurious idea.  Regretful idea.  A lengthy miserable story filled with howling and whimpering cut short:  I hurt my underarm.  Severely.  The hair sure did come off after having Michelle come in and help (Poor Michelle!  I would have hated to be her, waxing someone’s armpit!  But I would have gladly traded places)!  Some skin came off with it.  Let’s just say that I can’t move my arm willingly.  (I never waxed the other one by the way…I’m going to a professional salon tomorrow.  Wish me luck.)  Wow…I cannot believe that I shared this on my blog.  No comments please, I’m way too embarrassed.
For tea we had Toad in the Hole!  When Michelle first told me that this is what we were having...I wasn't exactly excited.  But it turned out to be sausages in a Yorkshire Pudding, no toads involved!  It was so tasty and my dad had to learn how to make it-right dad?

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine how painful that would have been, Paige! Sorry, I left a comment. I hope you are feeling better now. Major owie!!

    ReplyDelete