Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 4 -- Sunny Sunday.

          First Sunday in England!  It went great.  I woke up and simply got ready for church.  I wore an apparently strange outfit.  Green and white striped shirt, a denim-looking skirt, polka-dot black tights, and red flats.  I swear it didn’t look as bad as it sounds!  Before we left for church, I sat with James and Luke reading the first chapter of Genesis, it was James’s idea!  He is such a wonderful example!  First was sacrament meeting, which was a lot smaller than what I am used to but it was just as swell!  I went to the class that mum was teaching, it was a brilliant lesson!  I’ll have to add some quotes from her hand-out soon.
               For tea we ate bolognese, which is spaghetti and meatballs!  I told mum that I loved spaghetti and she laughed at me.  Here, spaghetti means spaghetti-Os, which is like small kids food.  After we ate, I took the longest nap of all time!  I slept until ten o’clock, and then ate some rice pudding with strawberries and brown sugar.  The brown sugar is very different here; it looks just like white, rock salt, but with a hint of brown!  It was still tasty though.  I stayed up talking with Rebekah and Elena in the kitchen.  Elena made the best pancakes, which are crapes in the states, and filled them with Nutella!  Yum!  Keep in mind that this about around one in the morning.  We didn’t care.

Samuel would like to add something into my blog:
Sanmvxfi,38519
He first wrote his name, then put a 3 and an 8 next to each other because he is 3 and Luke, who he shares a room with, is 8!  Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment