Pages

Friday, May 20, 2011

Day 22 -- Oxford with The Naked and Famous




          Today was ideal!  My friend picked me up around 11 am to go to Oxford!  We spent the day strolling around the town and just experiencing the stunning sites.  We had lunch at the most adorable corner café while watching a man outside our window fix and check every single bolt on his bike.  We took a trail that led us along the most perfect riverside and watched people relax in their boats.  We then devoted the rest of the day searching for the most pleasing postcard for my mom-you’re welcome.  After the hunt, we had afternoon tea, which I thought was the most hilarious thing.  There is even a section on menus labeled “afternoon tea” in the cafés!  So adorable.










































Out of all the beautiful places in Oxford, I decided to have my picture taken in front of a graffiti wall.  Of course.







That night, we went to see The Naked and Famous, a band.  The opening group was extremely creepy and not fine.  The girl reminded me of The Ring/Grudge movies while the stage was bathed in blood-red light.  The Naked and Famous finally came on and right off the bat, a girl spilt her beer on my sleeve.  I smelt fantastic, I’m sure.  Soon after, a sweaty man without a shirt began to shake his booty in front of my friend!  They introduced themselves, and then the man took his hands and began to dance with him!  So funny.  The guy then informed him that he wasn’t a pork meatball…which was a surprise to me.
Then we drove home J Flawless day!

6 comments:

  1. Well that seals it. You are never coming home now. That place is way more fantastic than here.
    No seriously I can't wait to see you and I misss you so much!! Thank you so much for all the incredible photos!! I am so glad you get to experience all of this adventure, fun and freedom! Only one complaint: the music from the concert sounded so great but I really wanted to hear your friend's cool accent! So can you put up another one of him talking? :)
    Thank you for keeping us all up to date and sharing your experiences!! I love you Paigey!! m-wah!! Talk to you tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also you're right!! That wall is Incredible!!! Did you get a chance to check out Lo's book on graffiti? And that's not the blue door from Notting Hill is it?- if it's not can you find the right one and take a pic? I'm sure those local chaps can all tell you where to find it.
    Those castles and landscape and Everything is so darn lovely I just can't believe it. If you do ever move back maybe dad and I will just conveniently tag along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Introduce your friend to the world! You just keep saying "your friend" but what's his name? Let's be polite! Also include a biographical sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will not ask him to do that!!! Plus, I'm not going to start involving everyone in this! How creepy. Seriously mom, I would hate to find out that some strange gal wrote a biographical sketch about me on the internet. Holy cow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely agree with your mum. I kept thinking the same thing. You keep saying "my friend this, my friend that." Just a first name of "said friend" will suffice. :D

    ReplyDelete