Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 17 -- Rethinking the Whole Moving-Back-Home Thing That I'm Supposed To Do...

I went to a castle.  Yes, a real castle!!!  It’s too bad that I can’t actually remember the name of which one we went to…but it was so incredibly stunning!  I was even amazed at how lovely the drive was to get there, which I shouldn’t have been surprised because everything is gorgeous here.  Anyway, I want to build my home in the middle of a castle.  That’s illegal though.  I think... 
Walls...





Looking out of a secret window place thing.

Entrance!


We, my friend and I, then traveled to the village where he lives, and it was the niftiest place I’ve ever been to!  We walked around the shops and I felt like I was on a movie set, I swear the people here are so fortunate.  We went into a little bookshop, which reminded me of Notting Hill, the movie.  I’m in love with this place.  We then proceeded to the university where he studies…this was the Most. Beautiful. Campus. Of. All. Time.  I’ll have to go back there and take photos (my lame camera died after the castle).  I got to see a former house that looked like a mansion from Pride and Prejudice which rested behind the school’s campus.  It was built next to a mini lake paradise.  I want to go to school here so badly.  Yes mom-be worried.
While driving back home, he realized that I have never driven on the wrong side of the road yet!  I told him that I didn't know how to drive a manual car, which is what his car is.  So he pulled into a little empty complex and taught me how to drive!  I stalled once.  So now I can officially say that I've driven in England!  And stick-shift isn't so hard...
That night, we watched Arrested Development which quickly became one of my favorite shows!  I borrowed the first season.

1 comment:

  1. PAIGE! i have a few thigns to say. one. NO! you have to come home and take foreign govt with me and adv int poli and otherwise brighten my life on a daily basis!
    also. blahhhh a house like from pride and predjudice?? howww wonderful :)
    and a castle! did you know that im a princess? and i have on the biggest, most jealous face as i type this. serious frown business going on here. i want to go to england! :(

    ReplyDelete