Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 16 -- Yay For Our Wonderful Meal.

After all of the kids got home, Rebekah and I decided to make tea (dinner)!  Our plan was to make chicken and vegetable bowls with rice, so we began to boil the rice and sauté chicken pieces.  I chopped up red peppers, broccoli, and carrots just to realize that I was running out of time before I was getting picked up to go out!  Hurriedly, we chucked the vegetables into the skillet which contained golden brown chicken, combining a lemon zest sauce.  Knowing that this probably wasn’t the best way to cook the vegetables, we eagerly lingered until the carrots became a little less…tough.  The dinner actually didn’t come out as terrible as I suspected, probably because I do prefer my carrots more raw, but I am not sure how the kids deemed it!  But frankly, how can you go wrong with chicken, rice, and vegetables?!
My friend came right on time and took me to the Trafford Centre; the same place that we went to last Friday.  I was thrilled to go just so that I could get a real glimpse at the place this time.  I love it; it’s complete with impressive shopping, amusement, and heaps of tasty places to eat!  We strolled around for a while, just enjoying the sights of over-dressed people who looked a little funky…no offense.  We decided to see a movie, Source Code, which was especially interesting and thought provoking!

2 comments:

  1. pics? and post cards? pics or post cards? post cards n pics? i'll even take a pic of a post card or a post card w a pic on it i'll even say pleease just do it miss paige

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! Mom read the next one then. Sorry...I'll have to buy a pretty postcard soon.

    ReplyDelete