Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 59 -- I'd Stop To Say Hi But I'm Not That Polite.

                             I awakened alongside the need to obtain a blazer.  I contemplated about the abundant methods that one could possibly gain a blazer to call their own, and after an extensive debate in my vessel of intelligence, I decided that I should trade British Pounds for it.  I invited my pal Holly to join me on this venture; quickly got a positive confirmation.  With headphones in pearl-pinned ear, I strolled to the train station, just a few minutes down the quaint road, to meet her in the bustling city of Manchester.  And bustling it was; stuffed with old army dudes playing saxophones for some “Army Appreciation Day” or something sweet and jiggy like that.  Because I deeply appreciate the army, I eavesdropped on one of their pleasant cover songs while being consumed with trying to track down Holly (I’m not being sarcastic at this point in writing.  I do deeply appreciate the army!  So appreciative that I should have ran that patriotic hoe-down.  For goodness’ sake my brother is reporting in three months to the American army.  So stop it.).  Once she found me, we…shopped.  How else can I convey that? 
                                One thing I love about England is that they have mega summer sales!  Not dinky ones either; the serious take-no-crap-from-nobody type of sales.  I’m talking 60% off everything.  I know, you’re dying to know if I bought a blazer or not, right?  Well yes.  Yes I did.  Take a little look at the store chico.  I adore this shop.  Once I actually wear the darn thing I’ll put up a picture to show yall.  (Yall=my millions of dedicated followers.) ---------> 8. Great.
                                Once we became hungry, we gathered some sandwiches, grapes, and a pasta salad from a grocery market, also by trading British Pounds, and dined on a street curb while discussing the joy that The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter-Day Saints www.mormon.org has brought us.  It all started when our seeing machines fell upon this terribly miserable, depressing looking girl creep by us.  We both knew that she would probably be so much happier if she knew about the true gospel.  As I sit here writing this, I realize that we should have caught up to her and shared our delightful knowledge with her.  Wow I’m a selfish gal.  I’ll work on that.
                              We visited a lovely bookstore!  And I found myself a real treat:  Ambrose and Brinkley’s Rise to Globalism: American Foreign Policy Since 1938.  I purchased this desired treat.  I really am in love with this book so far.  It’s about the different wars that America has been involved with and how each president dealt with it differently.  It’s a very informative, interesting, and rather easy read!  Recommend the book to all:  Check.

                                That evening, I relaxed in my homey room and watched the best movie of all time:  The Prince of Egypt.  No joke!  I haven’t seen it in so many years, so I lay in bed while eating violet flavored sweets (Yeah, flavored like the flower: Violets.  They taste like how they smell…like violet.) and enjoying the cartoon.  Once it finished, I had a two second pity party, started it over, and then realized that I didn’t know what was fact or fiction about Moses’ story in the movie!  I opened up Exodus and began reading.  The movie stuck really close to the truth!  I was more than impressed.  But then again, why would they want to change such remarkable events?  That’s right; they would not.  They did not…except for some bits.

1 comment:

  1. this one made me laugh, like so hard. "we both knew that she would probably be so much happier if she knew about the true gospel." bwahahaaa

    ReplyDelete