Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 49 -- Are You Choking?!

            Cars is what's up for this week.  Playing with cars on my knees for hours is not that exciting, especially when I can't even hold the car the way I want to; Samuel is very particular of how we play.  It's so cute actually. I am getting a tad sick of playing with cars...and I feel bad for telling Samuel that I don't want to play, so I always get suckered into it!  No matter how many different, fun ideas I give him for us to do, he just wants cars. I guess it could be worse...Wow.  I just realized how great I have it!  I get to play cars all day long with one of the cutest kids of all time!  I'm extremely lucky.
            Once the boys got home, they found the chocolate bars.  As Samuel was eating his, he suddenly stopped making approving noises, "Yummmm.  Yum.  Yum yum yum.  Mmmm."  His mouth was stuffed with the whole mini chocolate bar.  I calmly, but speedily asked if he was choking.  Because there was no answer (and he wasn't currently watching television which usually results with me not getting an answer because hes too concentrated on what is on the screen), I studied him for .005 seconds before I threw my arm around his waist and tipped him upside down while I smacked twice right between his shoulder blades; simultaneously yelling, "Spit it out!"
            It probably took four seconds until the slobber-covered chocolate bar was spat onto the ground.  Then it was another two seconds before Martha came and licked it up.  I quickly asked Sam if he was okay, and he just had a huge smile on his face and said, "I couldn't breathe."  Then he laughed!  I don't think he learned his lesson about shoving tons of food in his mouth.  Maybe he hasn't made the connection that choking results in death.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Paigey!! You saved that kid's life!! Good show, woman!! I'm so proud of you!!
    And you are indeed lucky to be playing cars all day with cute little British tots..think about what I used to have to do for a buck, I would get tore up in those classrooms!
    Only one complaint: you NEED to post more pics! okay? and get going with your Get-Ups!! :) Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha paige! i know its not funny but i loved how you described the horrifying experience. "spit it out!" bwahahaaa.
    but. i am glad he is okay :)

    ReplyDelete