Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 30 -- France and Belgium

                       Yes, Andrew and Michelle drove all through the night without stopping!  (And guess what dad: neither of them fell asleep at the wheel!!!  I didn’t once fear for my life, as opposed to driving with you, dad, who swerves into the oncoming traffic lanes while just going to the grocery store down the street!  No offense.)  I got a stamp in my passport as we went through passport checks J  It’s not the best-looking stamp, but whatever.  We finally drove onto the ferry at five a.m.!  I found a couch that quickly became my bed as we waited on the ferry to arrive in France.  The ferry waiting area was so nice!  It had a little shop and bar, with an enormous relaxing area for everyone. 





Land 

The roads in the mainland are like American ones; you drive on the right side of the road.  I liked the familiarity.  France was great from what I saw; I slept most of the way through.  I know, my first time in France and I fell asleep.  I suppose it wasn’t so magical to look at.  And before I knew it we got into Belgium!  Then to Center Parks! 
We checked in, and then rented our bikes!  Cars are not allowed to drive on park grounds except for dropping off luggage.  We went to our cabin, and after unpacking, to the pool we all went!  I LOVE this place.  I swear I’ve never seen anything like it before.  The inside pool area is covered by a huge dome, which includes restaurants, shops, and a mini zoo!  Well it’s not an official zoo, but they have a pond which habitats flamingos, fish, turtles, and different types of birds!  While walking by the pink flamingos, I spotted a perfect flamingo feather, lying just inside the pond.  Jacob was kind enough to snatch it for me, and found another for Elena.  I love their feathers.












The pools have water slides, a lazy river, wave pool, and large areas for simply swimming.  We played all day long and I had such a wonderful time!  We went back to the cabin, ate tea, and then Elena and I (who share a room) went straight to sleep!  It was seven here, so that means it was six back in England.  Early night.

1 comment:

  1. We have to all go there some day!!!!! I'm in love with this place! So much better than the world famous Schlitterbahn. psh.

    ReplyDelete