Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Day 31 -- Mama Mia

I love the beds here!  They are so comfortable with the loveliest duvets.  We woke up to Rebekah knocking on our door letting us know that she bought us Pan de Chocolate for breakfast; two bars of chocolate melted inside the most delicious croissant. 
A handful of us went to the shops today to pick up some food items.  It was very interesting…trying to guess what was in each can and bottle.  Michelle told me that I must try a certain type of treat called suikerstroop wafels.  And I did.  And I am now in love.  Deep love.  They are two thin waffles sandwiching a layer of…carmely…sugary something.  Unbelievably tasty.  We then proceeded to the butcher’s shop and the local fruit stand.  I bought two containers of raspberries!
After shops, we all went swimming again!  We played on an oversized tube that fit nearly ten people.  Well maybe it would if we tried.  My favorite game is Queen…or king I suppose…of the Raft.  Just saying.  And water volleyball!


 
For tea, Michelle made Mexican!  Dinner was wonderful, but for dessert she made warmed waffles topped with ice cream, chocolate sauce, and whipped cream!  Delicious.

Elena and I decided to go teach Rebekah and her friend Grace how to play volleyball!  The net is placed right next to the lake, so Elena had a blast running into the water wearing jeans to retrieve the balls that Rebekah waywardly hit!  I felt so bad for her, but she was always the closest!  I enjoy beach volleyball an ample amount.  Rebekah and Grace were learning how to control the ball, so Elena pulled this hilarious saying out from who knows where:  “Don’t make the ball go all the way to mama mia!”  I had a kick.
Once we got home …here comes my favorite part… we did laundry in the bathtub!  I’ve never hand washed my clothes before, but I loved it!  Is this strange to love?  I just have a newly developed love for washing clothes.  It was so much fun!  Then we all washed our feet with the most delicious smelling set of foot scrubs of all time.  The perfume of pomegranate chocolate filled the air.  It was honestly the best smelling soap ever.
After pampering our feetsies, we gathered bars of chocolate, crisps (chips), cookies, and nail polish to watch Eat, Pray, Love; a great movie.  This is such a beautiful and feel-good movie!  Liz, the main character, goes to Italy to brighten up her life.  Eating played a huge part in the film.  She ate constantly throughout the film, which strangely encouraged me to eat another cookie.  I also came to the realization that I am going to get fat during my stay here.  This means that I should put aside some money for a new, larger pair of jeans.  I am perfectly okay with this J  Relax; I’m not going to completely let myself go, don’t worry mom.

Also, in the movie, she was deciding what word describes her best.  Only one word.  I’ve decided that I too want a word that describes all of me perfectly…this must be one hale of a word.  I’ll work on this.
I then went to bed.  In my lovely bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment