Pages

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Day 32 -- Volleyball

I woke up to Sam standing over mine and Elena’s beds saying, “The sun is up.  That means its morning!  You need to wake up.  The sun is up!  That means its morning!  Wake up, now!”  And another pan de chocolate.  Elena and I then headed to the volleyball court to practice our skills.  We played for a few hours then Rebekah, Jacob, and Grace joined us…just to get whooped.  By the time lunch rolled around we were starving, so we ate leftover taco stuff then went to the pools.  It was such a wonderful day so Elena and I laid out in the sun and began to caramelize.  We came back home a few hours later and took a little nap before tea, which was wonderful spaghetti!  Dessert was ice cream with bananas, strawberry and caramel sauce, and the best chestnuts I’ve ever had in my life!  They were so crunchy and delicious.  After tea, we had another little nap then rode to the volleyball court once again and had team tournaments.  In the end, Elena and I beat everyone else- five other people all on the other side of the net.  Not bragging or anything.
Jakob tried to make a rude comment about me being American...






A sad thing happened today.  While looking back on the photos of the day with Rebekah, Grace, Elena, and Luke, I commented on how in a picture someone looked so “pissed”.  I heard a united gasp and glanced at Grace’s shocked facial expression.  I quickly remembered that the only word that is worse than that one in England is the “F” word.  I freaked out saying, “sorry sorry sorry sorry sorry.”  Luckily, Luke didn’t hear what I said; at least that is what he told me.  But I really felt so bad for majorly cussing in front of them!  But to me it’s not swearing at all!  Ugh I’m a sinner.
Tonight I learned how to play poker!  I’m awful.  But not to worry, I’m going to practice so that next time I play...I’ll be able to beat everyone.  

2 comments: