Pages

Monday, June 27, 2011

Day 54 -- I love the U.S.A.

         Rebekah and Jacob showed me a really funny clip of Michael Mcintyre making fun of Americans.  To be honest, it was quite hilarious if you find making fun of the word "sidewalk" amusing.
       I have many opinions about this clip that I would love to share with you all...  However I will spare you my thoughts of fear that I may come off as a bit rude towards Mr. Mcintyre and the rest of the people who believe that the British generously provided us with the English language.  Okay.  I can't help myself.  This is true; British citizens who were escaping religious ridicule from Great Britain came over to the New England area on the Mayflower in 1620, resulting in the continuation and spreading of English.  Throughout the years, "British English" developed into "American English"; just like how everything else in the world evolves over time.  So Mike, are you saying that one Englishman walked straight off of the Mayflower and headed directly for an already existent "American" to teach him how to speak English?  How interesting.  Just one side note:  Who are you talking about when you say "Americans" anyway?  The African Americans?  Asian Americans?  People from Brazil or France or Mozambique?  I'm just letting you know that the United States of America is the greatest melting pot of all time.  So when you make fun of Americans, you are making fun of the Indians, Japanese, Latinos, Islanders, and every other nationality out there...or are you referring to the pure white people (I am a pretty much pure Caucasian); who are probably descendants from Great Britain?  Just wondering.
               Okay.  You all probably think that I took this clip wayyyyyyyy too seriously for any good.  And honestly, I didn't.  I'm not offended in any way, but I just thought that it was fun to take these jokes seriously.  Does that make sense?   

No comments:

Post a Comment