Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 35 -- Amsterdam

Yes, Elena and I took the train to Amsterdam!


















We had such a blast.  As soon as we hopped out of the train station, we stood in line to get Holland’s best fries!  And they were good…no contest against In N Out though, sad to say.



















We walked around and took in the beautiful scenery and sun, until we stopped for some more food, of course.  Elena bought a hot dog and I bought an olive and cheese bread type of thing.  It was the best bread type olive thing I’ve ever had.





After a little while we bought waffles with ice cream on top!  Delicious.  I got a chocolate dipped waffle with tiramisu and mint chip!



This is "mobile protection".  Seriously though, it is a condom for your cell phone for when you go swimming or something.  Joke gift.

Shopping time!  I bought three gorgeous necklaces, two pairs of earrings, sunglasses (which I found out as soon as I took the sticker off the eye glass that there is a permanent oily spot that won’t let me see out of that eye) and a jumper (sweater).  I’ll call these items my Amsterdam goodies.
Because it was now about six at night, we thought that we should get back to Belgium.  We walked to the train station to find out that the train was leaving right then!  Elena and I booked it, almost crashing into multiple people while half laughing and half screaming of fear that we wouldn’t make it.  Pretty much as soon as we sat on the train, it left.  Perfect timing.  At the station we bought some more ice cream while we waited for Andrew and Michelle to pick us up.  We love ice cream.
We got home, ate left over dinner, and now we are currently watching Cool Runnings and eating a lot of bread.  Elena is painting her toe nails, so I’ll join her now.  Good night!

1 comment:

  1. Your frites would have been SO MUCH better with mayonnaise or pindasaus (peanut sauce). A'dam was my second city I served! I'm glad you got to experience being in Nederland.

    ReplyDelete