Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 37 -- Brugge

                               Woke up and left the resort!  Took a group photo of everyone who was in our party,



 then drove to Brugge, a lovely city in Belgium.




















































 Okay now for the best ever.  We walked into the Church Of Our Lady in Belgium while exploring the city.  And inside sat Michelangelo's "Madonna and Child" Sculpture.  The REAL deal!  It was so incredibly spectacular to see an original by him.  The feeling was unreal.  I've only seen pictures of these types of things!  Learn more on this trusty website: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madonna_of_Bruges













I was flustered and didn't know what to say.  So I naturally wrote something dumb.  And switched the L and E around in "candel".  Whoops.


  Elena and I strolled around the street and bought the most delicious ice cream!  We’re so unpredictable.  I got tiramisu, vanilla, strawberry, and chocolate; my first four scoop ice cream cone ever!







  I also bought one chocolate bar with raspberries stuck to it.  Yum.  


Then we drove to Calais, France where we caught a ferry back to England!  We shopped in the ferry’s shop and bought Clinique make-up (it’s cheaper on the ferry because they don’t charge some type of tax)!  Then we sat outside on the desk and read some more of our addictive books while the mist knotted my hair.
                                That night I spent the night in Michelle’s mom’s haunted house.  Don’t get too scared, it is the coolest house of all time!  I slept in a bed that was nearly 150 years old!  Not the mattress…just the frame.  Everything about the house was so unique and cute.  I want it!  I just wouldn’t want the ghosts to come with it.

1 comment:

  1. woahh! a legit haunted house?? you are the coolest kid in school paige!

    ReplyDelete