Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 33 -- I Swear I’m Not Actually, In Real Life, This Obsessed with Food.

Sam woke us up once again.  I ushered him out then promptly locked the door.  We finally put that lock to use!  Some while later Abby, Sam’s four year old cousin tried to break into our room by banging on the inaccessible door over and over.  We did not let her in.
I took a shower (There, I noticed the many bruises on my forearms from playing volleyball) after eating the best cereal:  Special K with berries and yogurt bits.  As soon as I dried off, me, Elena, Jacob, Samuel, Andrew, and Michelle took a bike ride out of our resort to a nearby village (in Belgium) to buy some cold medicine.  It was the most beautiful and warm day today!  In a shop, I found some pretty pink nail polish and some chocolate covered stroopwafels!  I bought them, of course.
Elena

Not the best photo of this place...but deal with it.


  
These gorgeous homes line a road going towards the village.  Aren’t they grand?  I took these photos while in motion on my bike…so chill out.  I’m not THAT bad of a photographer.





We got home, had the last pack of raspberries for lunch, and then painted my nails!  Perfect afternoon.


Next activity was the pool; Elena and I laid out and baked while listening to the whole MGMT Oracular Spectacular album on my iPod. 
 I swear this is the most relaxing place on earth!  I’ve never been so oblivious to the time and day in my life.  The only reason why I know what day it is, is because of this blog I write every night.  This means I’m always tired while writing so excuse me for the lack of details and clever word placements.
Best part of the day: Tea.  We ate out at the “Big American” buffet tonight!  I’m not sure what they thought was so American by this restaurant…because they had no hamburgers, chili dogs, or really anything too familiar.  But it was DELICIOUS.  I ate so much.  I’m sure I did a wonderful job by showing everyone how much Americans can truly eat.  I’m pretty sure I ate more than anyone else there…including the dads.  I still don’t even think I hate that much…but whatever.  There was not a lot of food to choose from, compared to Las Vegas style, but everything tasted so incredibly nice.  The Cherry On Top:  Unlimited supply of stroopwafels!  I filled up a huge bowl of them which got transferred into Elena’s purse.  Now that was American style.  Photos provided J (Keep in mind that I ate absolutely everything on each and every plate.  I even ate the orange fruit on top of the chocolate mousse.  I liked it!  Tasted like orange/grapefruit delight!)





Ice Cream for the bike ride home.





Elena and I watched another Harry Potter movie; every night we fall asleep watching one of the movies.  Only this time we didn’t fall asleep.  After it ended, we were way too tired, hot, and sweaty to fall asleep.  Instead, we sat up laughing at bunch of really lame things; for example:  1)  The fact that during this whole trip, I thought that the smoke detector was a broken light because it never turned on when I tried.  2)  Because it was so hot in our room, we attempted to turn on the air conditioning, but instead turned on the back patio light, which woke up Michelle.  We began laughing like hyenas, so Michelle thought that one of us was crying which prompted her to check on us.  I suppose she was right, because we both had tears streaming down our faces from laughing so hard.  None of this is really even that funny.  I am aware of this.

1 comment:

  1. alllright wait a second. you are watch harry potter and hating on me for going to hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry?? what the what is wronggg with you paige??

    ReplyDelete