Pages

Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 60 -- I Am Now A Professional Taster. One Could Even Say: Connoisseur At Sampling.

                                Let’s avoid the juicy bit about when I woke up and got complete for church.

                                So there I am, sitting in sacrament.  Nothing happened.
                                As I walked out of the chapel, I was prevented by the first counselor in the bishopric to continue my quest outward.  He asked for two minutes of my time, and I willingly handed it over.  I was assigned a talk in church on Keeping the Sabbath Day Holy for two weeks later!  I accepted and thought about how now I shouldn’t go home and start the season of the Bachelorette; because that isn’t the best thing to do on a Sunday.  So instead of watching that shameful show, I turned on The Prince of Egypt!  And fell asleep with a violet candy in my mouth…gross.  I got up swiftly once I woke up and brushed my teeth.
                                Whoa retreat.  Michelle had the missionaries over for tea!  I had a wonderful pork, stuffing, gravy, and apple sauce sandwich on ciabatta bread!  This is noteworthy, I promise.  That apple sauce was the most delicious sauce that I have ever eaten!  I really loved the apple sauce that I got in the states, but this is better.  Super chunky and sugary and full of goodness.  Pure joy!  I couldn’t wipe the grin off my face.  Even ask Rebekah.
                                This brings me to dessert.  Michelle made Wimbledon cupcakes!  SO GORGEOUS!  I have to comment about Michelle’s remarkable talent for designing cupcakes.  Herewego: 
                                Michelle creates the most delicious flavors of cupcakes!  So grand that she even has her own website so that you, too, can order cupcakes!  http://www.cup-cake.biz/  (Sorry mom, I don’t think that she delivers to the U.S.A.)  They are so perfect, that a café even asked her if they could sell her buns in their shops!  I am so lucky to live with such a brilliant baker.  My favorite one so far, is the peanut butter cake.  Resting under the handmade and original peanut butter frosting, topped with a smooth Reese chocolate, lays a moist chocolate bun.  Flawless mixture in every bite.



No comments:

Post a Comment