Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Day 74 -- Talk Away.

             I spoke in Sacrament meeting today!  I wasn't really very nervous, and the girl who went before me was even more nervous...so that made me feel less nervous.  I spoke about keeping the Sabbath Day holy, and I would like to share a really sweet quote I found:
Elder Mark E. Petersen (1900–84) of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles: “We can readily see that observance of the Sabbath is an indication of the depth of our conversion.  Our observance or nonobservance of the Sabbath is an unerring measure of our attitude toward the Lord personally and toward his suffering in Gethsemane, his death on the cross, and his resurrection from the dead. It is a sign of whether we are Christians in very deed, or whether our conversion is so shallow that commemoration of his atoning sacrifice means little or nothing to us.”
            That night, I watched the story of Joseph Smith's history.  http://lds.org/media-library/video/feature-films?lang=eng#2011-03-01-joseph-smith-the-prophet-of-the-restoration  I tried to also watch a documentary of the current prophet, President Monson, but it kept getting all choppy.http://lds.org/media-library/video/feature-films?lang=eng#2009-09-01-on-the-lords-errand-the-life-of-thomas-s-monson




No comments:

Post a Comment