Pages

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 66 -- London.



Dustin picked me up at 6:30 in the morning and drove us to the Stockport train station.  We grabbed our seats and arrived in lovely London two hours later.  I remembered my mom’s intelligent advice on how I must take lots and lots of photos.  So here is number one of the train station.
                      We automatically bought underground tube passes, which we used throughout the entire day.  Right off the bat, we went to Harrods; you must have heard of it.  I swear, it was the nicest store I’ve ever been in.  I felt like I was going to run into Marilyn Monroe at any moment!  It was also the probably the largest store that I have ever been into.  Everything was exceptionally expensive, except for the sale floor.  I couldn’t believe my eyes!  They were selling designer jeans for an amount that I would actually pay for!  However I didn’t get my shop on because I didn’t want to take up all my time in London on shopping…that would not be wise.  I’ll just have to go back then…










                                
                                Buckingham palace!  It was a pretty building, but covered in tourists because it was right in the middle of the changing of the guards; which we were able to catch a moment of the soldiers marching to their posts.  No, I did not see the Queen.
























                                The house of Parliament was a serious sight to see.  So gorgeous and intricate! 















                                We decided to go find the blue door in the wonderful film Notting Hill.  The owner changed to door because they were sick of tourists coming and taking photos on his stoop…but I still got a picture in the threshold!  We dug through every antique shop on Portobello Road to find myself an antique bottle for my collection.  We finally found one after the shop owner talked our ears off for ten minutes. 















                                The London Eye (big Ferris wheel) was a little bit overrated.  We went really high over London and got to see the whole city…but it honestly wasn’t that cool at all.  I would never pay to go on it again, but because I am a tourist…I was obligated to.

















                                Remember when I was complaining about my height?  Yeah well Dustin found the first, real measuring thing!  So he took me there to try to figure out my real height.  Every time I tried to measure myself, I got five foot and other false measurements.  It was worth a shot.




                                We then caught the train back home around nine.  We played a really stupid dot game on paper.  Two hours later, I got home!  I really enjoy London!


No comments:

Post a Comment